After mastering the art of baking biscuits and making muffin monsters. I thought I’d take to the kitchen to make something tasty with all of the chocolate the Easter bunny left me. Unimpressed rhino suggested we made a huge cake but I could only find a muffin tin. So we settled on making Easter themed cupcakes.
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 150g self-raising flour
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 lemon
- 125g icing sugar
- 15ml warm water
- Chocolate for decorating
- Use a shopping trolley to bring all the Easter chocolates to the kitchen.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Place paper cups into a 12 hole muffin tin. Beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla until it is a pale and fluffy mix. Beat in the eggs one by one, adding the flour little and often to stop the mix curdling.
- Add the rest of the flour to the mix and add the milk. Making a floury mess is optional.
- Zest half a lemon and add it to the cake mix. Squeeze the juice of the lemon and add half to the cake mix. Don’t try to drink the lemon juice unless you want to pull a face.
- Add the cake mix to the paper cups. Place in the oven for 20 minutes to cook.
- Whilst the cake s are cooking, make the icing. Add icing sugar, some warm water and the rest of the lemon juice to a bowl and mix until gloopy and smooth. Ask a human to do this part because whisking the icing is really hard work.
- Add the icing to the top of each cake and add a chocolaty decoration to the middle.
- Instagram the cakes.
- Make a human do the washing up whilst you eat the cakes.
- Contemplate making more cakes as the first batch disappeared too quickly.
The cakes turned out to be delicious, I only wish I had made a few more. My photographer found my hiding place and ate some whilst I was doing a snooze.
A great basis for a cupcake recipe which I will definitely be using again in the future. Baking is my favourite way to pass the time for now. But, hopefully I will be off exploring the UK soon which I really can’t wait to do.
For a daily dose of dinosaur, feel free to visit my Instagram Vegan0saurus